Thursday, August 19, 2004

Zora's first sweater - Kate



Here is the first baby sweater I made, for my first baby Zora. She is due in December, so I can't post a picture of her in it yet! I LOVE this sweater! It is so soft! I am about to start an identical one in pink, but the pea green is my favorite color.

It is from the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits Book.
Yarn: "Pea Green" cashmerino aran (Debbie Bliss)
Size: 0-3 months
Finished in 2 days on August 9th. I love making baby things, they are so quick - even when you do mess up.

Story: I was so excited to make this sweater as my first, but was worried (once I was stitching all of the raglan seams together) that it wouldn't fit over her head! My husband thought it would, but a friend and I both thought that it might not. I really didn't want to risk it, so I took it apart (time-consuming) and unraveled the bind-offs of each piece to re-bind it off more loosely (on a bigger sized needle). Well, then the neck was just HUGE, and I'm sure it would slip off her little shoulders, so I put a ribbon in it. Problem solved, and pretty cute too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home