Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Kitty Hat for Halloween

purrfect
We wanted Zora to be a hybrid of her two favorite things this year - a kitty and a ballerina. Of course, that meant that I had to sit down right away and knit her a kitty hat to match! Darn. :) Lee was so great, getting her psyched about it - he would show her the picture of the kitty hat in stitch and bitch (I used this pattern and altered it in size and knitted the ears differently), and tell her "Zora's going to have a kitty hat!" over and over. I was grateful. The other cool part about this project was that I used a skein of Cascade 220 that I had hated and was surprised I hadn't gotten rid of it! I ordered it online for a different project about two years ago, thinking it would be a much different pink. As it turns out, it was the perfect pink for this hat!
Here is the whole ensemble (a blurry, but perfect, picture):
the whole look

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable...I loved our long discussion the other day too! A long long overdue one...yay for us...

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

She looks gorgeous! Great job on the hat.

2:50 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Oh, my... she is just so sweet and cute and adorable! The hat looks perfect on her. Love it, love it, love it.

My boys are rolling their eyes at me. I'm gushing too much.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home