Monday, January 15, 2007

Knitted Babes

I borrowed the Knitted Babes book from my friend Linda a little over a week ago, and have already finished my (well, Zora's) first knitted babe.
Here she is, only halfway done:

half-made

I took a picture at this point, because it was this moment in the project process that I fell in love with the doll. I think there is always a point in the creative process that I decide I will henceforth devote my life's pursuits to making this particular craft or object:
"I will make one for Becky and Julie and Claudia and Eris and Isabell and Cassidy, oh and for me and I will make a few more for Zora, and I will make them bigger, and I will make some smaller, and..."

In reality, I will probably make 2 more and then get tired of it and move on. But I love that moment.

I sat with her, like this, while I knit her legs - she just seemed so precious.
And you should see her now!
I will save that for next time though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chickenbells said...

I like her...and can't wait to see the next picture...and don't you just love those moments? I also have them every time I create anything new...silly us!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home