Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Newborn Shoes

Our friends Jordanna and Tyson had a baby boy almost 2 weeks ago, and I have been making him a few little things. I forgot to take a pic of the socks I made and gave away promptly, but how could I forget to take a pic of the Paramecium shoes? They are both scientists, and while I don't have any idea how they feel about the paramecium, it is the one thing I always think of when I think of biology.
paramecium shoes
My biology teacher in high school surprised us one day by arriving dressed as a paramecium and then dancing on the top of an upturned trashcan while singing a little paramecium song.
paramecium shoes side
I think he would be proud.
As an aside, I cannot believe how freaking small these are! Did I really make these same shoes for Zora, once a long time ago? Yes - I did!
white shoes piggies 1
monkey frog shoes 1

see?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chickenbells said...

Oh, baby toes are so wonderful...and freaking small. Don't you remember when they're that little, and you can hardly get anything to fit right becauase they're SOOO small? Incredible...and a lovely story about biology. I don't recall any of my science teachers be quite that fun!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home