Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dancing Top

When this pattern came up on knitty, it was an obvious choice for Zora. I can actually picture making many of these for her. I really wanted to do black and cream, but this is the yarn I found in the moment, and it is really cute.

front monica tank
back monica tank
I have seen a lot of people leaving the back ruffle off, but I love the back ruffle.
I am thinking about pulling out the knitting machine I never use, and just whipping some out in a knitpicks yarn. It would be an ideal knitting machine project - it is just squares and rectangles with the final row decreases being the shaping. I am getting bored with that much stockinette. I actually fell asleep while knitting this, so...
But, oh so perfect!
monica tank 2

Monica from Knitty Spring 07
Cascade Sierra - an ecru and a blush - 1 ball each
Size 6 Knitpicks needles. I had to relearn how to knit a bit, to use these without getting huge holes in my fingertips. This was my first project with them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chickenbells said...

Super cute...I love the back ruffle, it's so fun!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Lamzeydievey said...

This is a darling little top!!! It looks perfect on your daughter.

2:14 PM  
Blogger omly said...

Eep! So very cute! I definitely see some of these in the future for my soon-to-be niece.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home