Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lots - o - socks

I have been busy on a few pair of socks lately.
First I made these, with KnitPicks Essential. They are the Uptown Boot Socks from the book Favorite Socks. I had to use the yarn for this pattern once I saw Knitting Iris' turquoise Uptown's....I already had the yarn, and couldn't see it as anything else. These are a gift for someone.
Turquoise Uptown Boot Socks

Then I knit these. I bought this yarn at my favorite yarn store when I visited my sister in Austin. Hill Country Weavers was practically the first yarn store I ever set foot in, and it has - unfortunately - been my yardstick as far as knitting stores goes -I am always disappointed because none others have added up. This particular visit did not go as planned. We drove with the three toddlers all the way there, and Zora fell asleep in the car (as planned). I went in to do a quick breeze through while she slept, but about 2 minutes later she woke up. I had to quickly grab the yarn I saw and leave. This is Lorna's Laces in Devon. I love it, and I think it looks great with the wave-like pattern of the Tropicana socks from Magknits. I am almost finished with Zora's matching pair (just enough yarn for that!!!)
Tropicana Beach

And here we have my work in progress - the Snicket socks - designed by the same person who wrote the Tropicana sock pattern (Sabine), and also in MagKnits. I think this yarn really suits the pattern. It is Fleece Artist Merino Sock yarn in Saffron. I think I may need to make some fingerless gloves for a beekeeper friend someday, using this same pattern. And Lee thinks it would be a great hat pattern too.
Honeycomb Snicket Socks

Snicket closeup

4 Comments:

Blogger Chickenbells said...

Oh...pretty (as always) Silly little girl, didn't she know her mommy wanted to go shopping for yarn (probably...it was part of her "evil" little kid plan to ruin your fun...then again, you can pay her back when she gets older by not taking her shopping...mwah-ha...that's an evil laugh by the way)

5:44 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

i'm TRYING to finish those god-forsaken tropicana socks if it kills me. i have a half a sock to go. what's my problem? (jeez)
but yours look beautiful, and the other socks too! i'm trying to find my next obsession in knitting - i think right now it's massive crocheted blankets :)
found you on ravelry, tucson knittas unite!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

TAG!
: )
Heather
http://mamaoknits.blogspot.com/2007/07/birthday-meme-i-cant-seem-to-click-in.html

11:16 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Kate- you are such a crafty mama... found your blog on Ravelry....you have landed in my bookmarks ;)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home