Friday, February 17, 2006

presents for my nieces

It was Becky's birthday last week, and so I made her a few things for her doll Cricket. I don't think I ever posted a picture of Cricket - now I can't find one. She is a waldorf doll I made. Anyway - Becky has been imitating Jenny caring for the new baby - so diapers were in order. Here is a diaper, a box of wipes (in a sanded down altoids tin) and a jacket.
Then I made a diaper bag with matching changing pad to put it all in. Very cute, and it was a hit at the birthday party. And here is something I made for Julie. Jenny wanted something organic that Julie could chew on while being worn in the ergo carrier - back carry position (without losing within the first 5 minutes). I came up with the idea to make this. I used the mother bear pattern as a sort of guide, but used smaller needles (3 I think) and thinner yarn. It is about 6" tall. I love this bunny! So does Zora. There is now one in progress for her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that diaper bag with the matching changing pad! Great idea!!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

thanks! She loved it too. I am finding that she is easy to come up with new presents for Becky whenever I want, just a new item for Cricket.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home